Saturday, July 16, 2011

Take a Peek Inside My July Birchbox

So I received my first ever Birchbox yesterday in the mail and I was quite excited to tear into the box to reveal it's secret contents! I'm usually not one for surprises but I specifically avoided reading any posts on July's Birchbox because I didn't want the surprise to be spoiled. So if you are expecting a Birchbox and have yet to receive yours and you want to keep the contents secret exit out of this post now! *warning spoiler alert...*




Inside was a card describing all the contents featured inside, this month was extra special because Birchbox teamed up with esteemed fashion designer Cynthia Rowley by having her share with all of us some of her all-time favorites.

Here is what was included inside my July Birchbox:


  • Ahava Mineral Hand Cream Loaded with Dead Sea minerals, this fast-asorbing cream heals dry hands without a smidge of residue. 3.4 oz. $20

  • philosophy purity made simple one-setp facial cleanser - This perennial award-winner is pH-balanced to gently clear away dirt, oil, and makeup without drying out skin. 8 oz. $20, 16 oz. $32

  • Redken shine flash - A must-have for all of Cynthia Rowley's runway shows, a weightless spray that imparts brillant shine. 4.4 oz. $17

  • Zoya Touch Collection Nail Polish in Shay - Neutral gets a sexy makeover in this creamy, slightly metallic nude. It's being touted as the perfect accessory to summer's bright fashions. 0.5 fl oz. $8

  • Extra Kind Almond & Apricot - Snack right with this wholesome bar- no perservatives or hard to pronounce ingredients.  Cynthia chose this snack bar because she says they are her favorites and you would be hard pressed not to find one in one of her bags at any given time. 

I don't know how this month's box stacks up to previous months, since this is my first I have nothing to compare it to, but I was overall happy with the contents. I especially like that this way I am forced to step out of my comfort-zone and am introduced to products that I would not normally gravitate towards. That to me is worth the $10.00 I paid for it per month.  I think if you are open to trying new products by having receiving samples and like to be surprised then Birchbox is right up your alley. I know I am already looking forward to August's Birchbox! 







A closeup of the Zoya Nail Polish in Shay 
For more information feel free to peruse the Birchbox website http://www.birchbox.com/ and sign up. 

Are you a Birchbox subscriber? 

No comments:

Post a Comment