Sunday, May 8, 2011

Le Metier De Beaute's Kaleidoscope 'Les Artiste'

Les Artistes Lip Kaleidoscope

Lipstick and lipgloss to me is more about feeling, it is an experience versus eyeshadow. With this kaleidoscope, my senses were provoked. Let's start with sight, this is a very eye-catching kaleidoscope that range from earth tones to jewel tones. The way the glosses settled onto my lips - the feeling was substantial but not heavy nor sticky, the delightful aroma of vanilla (my favorite) smells divine!


'Illusionists' - a lip gloss

'Acrobates' - a lip gloss

'Magicens' - a lip stick

'Danseurs' - a gloss

Lip swatches with two swipes of a finger in natural light

The effect of layering all the colors together, I love how shiny and glossy it is!

I hope this review was insightful as I have not personally seen many reviews on their lip kaleidoscopes. This may just be one of my favorite kaleidoscopes that I own. For some reason, Le Metier De Beaute's eye kaleidoscopes get all the glory. I'm not saying that is unjust but let's throw some love at the lip kaleidoscopes too! Le Metier De Beaute is not coming out with a lip kaleidoscope for their Spring/Summer collection but I've heard they are working on one for the upcoming Fall collection. I'll be eagerly waiting to see what that one looks like too.


Do you own any Le Metier De Beaute lip kaleidoscopes?

p.s. Happy Mother's Day to all the dedicated mom's out there! 

9 comments:

  1. those colors are stunning. I've never tried the lip k'scopes but kind of want to after this post. Do you think you could post a picture of the colors layered together?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I somehow forgot to add one the first time around (duh). i think the effect is really nice layered together and is appropriate for all seasons even though it came out in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so pretty. I've always ignored these since I'm not a fan of lip palettes but I may just have to consider giving them some love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are SO pretty! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Surprisingly they don't look as pigmented on the lips as on the arm, especially considering that on the lips, four colors are layered.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! You must have a fair amount of blue in your lips. In the pan and on the arm swatch, the colors look warm, almost peachy, but on your lips, I see soft cool mauve.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zulu, I think that is a good observation with my lip color. I have pigmented lips already and I don't like darker lip colors, so I like that this can be made lighter or darker depending on the application and order.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As much as I love the look of this, I'm just not thrilled with the pan but it would probably be a great space saver. I love, love, love the last shade. Just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. MM, I think the design of this kaleidoscope is one of my favorite things about it. I have heard mixed reviews on the lip kaleidoscopes but I don't mind it. I think the colors together are something special.

    ReplyDelete