Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Giorgio Armani's Eyes To Kill in Champagne #08 Swatch and Review




Well, ever since I picked up one of these amazing eye shadows, I knew I needed more. I finally made it to the counter yesterday and after looking at the testers, settled on Champagne (#08).

Champagne is probably the most natural one of the 15 shades offered and is perfect for a natural daytime look. I love how shimmery these shadows are and yet it does not come off in a juvenile way whatsoever.

These shadows are so silky and even though they have a creamy texture they are more like powder shadows. The Armani sales associates recommended putting on a base first and then the shadow to give the shadows something to adhere to and to also prevent fallout since these shadows are shimmery!

The champagne color is closer to a rose gold with silvery undertones.  I noticed this particular shadow did not have the staying power that Pulp Fiction (#04) had (see my review on it here), but I also didn't wear it with a base. Next time, I will wear this over my MAC Painterly pot and see if I notice a marked difference. I also want to experiment and wear this particular one wet to see if it comes across as more dramatic, more intense looking.

I don't need a shadow to last 12 hours on me. I've always been the type that likes to wash her face as soon as I am home, it feels great to let my skin breathe after wearing makeup all day. I'm happy with 6-8 hours of staying power. I did notice that when I was washing my arm with soap and water to get rid of the swatch that the swatch faded quite easily, especially compared to Pulp Fiction (#04).

Retails for $32.00USD and can be purchased from high-end retailers everywhere (Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Bloomingdales, etc.) and found online at http://www.giorgioarmanibeauty.com/ .

Not in direct sun


In direct sun


Not in direct sun

In direct sun


It comes with this stomper to help contain the shadow



Which Eyes To Kill Silk Eye Shadow is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment