Friday, June 3, 2011

Giorgio Armani's Eyes To Kill in Pulp Fiction #04 Swatch and Review




Ok, so I am probably late to the party on reviewing this, forgive me. My hope is that I am still fashionably late. I resisted these for as long as I could until it gnawed away at me and all my willpower went out the door.

I think I have hesitated on buying these for so long is because, honestly, they scared me. Not in a Jason from "Friday the 13th" movies (seriously one sight of that hockey mask and I'm freaking out) kind of way, but more of a I'm not in my 20's anymore and I'm a mom now type of way. Not that I think mom's have a free pass to look dowdy because they spawned a child, because I don't. I think I just was hesitant that these gorgeous eye shadows would not translate to wearable and appropriate for my lifestyle. I was wrong, they are awesome.

I was excited to see what all the hype was about with these shadows and all I can say is, I get it now. The stay powering is unparalleled, even after washing my arm with soap this eye shadow did not want to budge.  The pigmentation is fantastic. How do you spell gorgeous? P-U-L-P F-I-C-T-I-O-N? I ordered Pulp Fiction #04 from Neiman Marcus online, while I ordered Purpura #03 from Giorgio Armani's website directly (I believe this is a new color and not available yet in stores). Purpura will be reviewed in a future post.

Touted as an eye shadow hybrid, Giorgio Armani has come out with 15 different shadows using innovative bi-polymer technology.  These shadow are suppose to adhere to the lid making it resistant to sweating, creasing, water, and flaking (how cool is that?!). With a brush, it can be applied both wet or dry.  

Retails for $32.00 USD and can be found at high end retailers everywhere (Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Bloomingdale's, etc.) and found online at giorgioarmanibeauty.com.

Pulp Fiction #04


Simply gorgeous!

Taken with a flash

Taken with no flash - this best represents the color

It looks bronzey here, but I think it's the reddish hue it is picking up

I will definitely be getting more Eyes To Kill silk eye shadow, will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment