Saturday, July 2, 2011

Chanel Le Crayon Yeux Precision Eye Definer in Khaki Platine - Swatches and EOTD

Despite the triple digits and sizzling heat in Southern California my mind is focused on fall. Ahh, fall with its brightly colored leaves, crisp air and alluring fall makeup palettes. My mind is on Chanel's fall collection, more specifically their Khaki Platine Eye Definer. 

Khaki Platine #70 Eye Definer 
After reading one glowing review after another on Chanel's Limited Edition eye liner, Khaki Platine, I knew the sensible thing would be to order it and not kick myself later for missing out of it once it sold out (given that it is Limited Edition). I was fortunate enough to pick up Chanel's Rose Platine reviewed here from their summer collection and felt like that was the star of their summer line. I was anxious to see if Khaki Platine would be a stud or dud. 

Notice the golden hue
I was hoping my sentiments about Khaki Platine would be the same as Rose Platine. Happily, they are and more. I find the color to be perfect for summer going into fall with it's greenish golden tones. I really love the way it sets off my hazel eyes when applied to my lower lash line. This is just the added touch needed to bring a little spark to your eye without overdoing it on eye liner. 
Comes with the smudger at one end 
The point is already dull from my application
It comes with its own sharpener 



I can attest to its true staying ability because even when trying to rub it off my arm with soap and water the liner barely budged! I don't have particularly oily lids so I don't see migration of this liner being an issue at all. I love it paired with the Prelude Quad and look forward to wearing this in the coming months. Happy to report that Khaki Platine is a stud!  

Retails for $29.00 USD and can be found at www.chanel.com or high-end department stores.

Will you be buying Chanel's Khaki Platine? 

No comments:

Post a Comment