Tuesday, May 3, 2011

April 2011 Favorites

With the Advent of May, it is time to review my April favorites. Here is a list of things I reached for daily throughout April, and really don't know how I would get by without:

April Favorites 


Clarins Age-Control Hand Lotion SPF 15 ($30.00) - we all know by now to put sunscreen on our face daily (right, RIGHT?), but how many of us think about putting it on our hands? I have become very cautious of my hands since I spotted my first age spot on my hand (gasp) and given the amount of sun our hands receive while driving, for instance, it's a smart move to protect our hands from the crippling grips of the sun. Spots be damned!

Jo Malone Home Candles ($65.00) - specifically in Blue Agava & Cacao. Even when I do not light these decadent candles I find them to be extremely aromatic just sitting pretty on my vanity or dresser. They last for years. I really do love a good candle. I wish you all could smell how great this candle smells - AHHH. Someday I will own her luxury candle with its understated elegance that retails for a mind-blowing $375.00 (a girl can dream can't she?) I think it would make the perfect accessory in my non-toddler-proof home on my non-toddler-proof coffee table, in my all white living room that would naturally be free from cat hair or dust (apparently, I do too much dreaming). I have always had a good experience with the representatives and they have all been friendly in doling out free samples of her lovely fragrances as well. Moving onto packaging, I am a sucker for the small details and love a good package. I love that they wrap each item up so well and place it in her bag with the black ribbon to top it off.

Clarisonic Classic Brush ($195.00) - I would feel like Little Bo Beep when she lost her sheep, if I were without this brush. I literally have nothing bad to say about this brush. With my skin being as sensitive as it is, this brush has been a godsend. I often rely on this brush alone for my exfoliating and I love how smooth my skin feels after I use it. I replace the brush heads every 3 months and I use the sensitive head one. You can find them at Nordstrom's for $25.00 a piece, but have found them packaged for 2 for $40.00. I have also seen a marked difference with how clean my skin gets and how truly awesome it is at removing my makeup, which is something my hands alone cannot do.

Chanel's Soleil Tan De Chanel Moisturizing Bronzing Powder in Bronze Rose ($50.00) - I haven't touched a blush since picking up Bronze Rose. I like that I add some color and that this one duo encompasses both a blush and a bronzer. Normally, I cannot pull off a bronzer but this one makes it surprisingly very easy.  It is highly recommended even for us with fairer complexions.

Le Metier De Beaute's Peau Vierge Lash Growth Serum ($95.00) - I was a bit skeptical after reading the claims of what this almighty product was suppose to do. I was also freaked out by some of the side effects of Latisse. I did not feel comfortable applying something on my lids to stimulate growth, I did not want to risk my iris color permanently changing, and furthermore, I did not want to throw $95.00 down the drain. Well, after being assured that this product was not like Latisse and that it really did work I'll admit I was assured and intrigued. I decided to bite the bullet and give it a whirl. Almost, three weeks into applying the Peau Vierge Lash Serum I woke up to fuller lashes. Seeing really was believing. I was converted! The Lash Growth + LMdB eye lash curler + Anamorphic Mascara = amazing lashes! (Look for a separate review on this to come, I've been faithfully taking pictures to document my lash transformation).

What were your April favorites? 

8 comments:

  1. Hi Jenn
    I love your list! One of these is favorites of mine too =) I am *hopelessly devoted* to my Mia and never, ever want to be without it. I had the big daddy brush but found the Mia to be more my size. Mine is lavender.

    In the past I have used Clarins regular hand cream but never tried the one with spf- thanks for the tip.

    I also love that JM scent- I have a few samples vials I use for special occasions. I would buy the full size but it doesn't last on my skin.

    PS I'm glad I'm not the only one who wasn't smitten with Mimosa.

    PPS. Where are you in SO Cal? I'm native So Cal girl myself xx jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanie, I live in L.A. County. The clarisonic really is the best! I don't know how I survived before this thing came along. I think Mimosa is overrated (shh, don't tell anyone). Where in So Cal did you live?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi

    I used to live in LA County too. Lancaster is where I'm originally from.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my Clarisonic brush, too. Where can I find replacement heads? And how long should I go before replacing one?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dawn, you can find replacement heads at Nordstrom's or online at Amazon. Replace the head every 3 months before the head wears down too low. Thank you for commenting on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely list! Blue Agava & Cacao is one of my favourites from Jo Malone too, it's such a beautiful scent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh Blue Agava & Cacao is hands down my favorite. I own a JM Candle in Pomengrante Noir, but the BAC is my first love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loove candles! And I've only been using Bath & Body works candles.. Not coz I love them coz I dont.. I find that altho they smell nice, you can smell that waxy scent with it which isn't too nice of a smell really.. But I didn't know where else to go to get good quality candles.. and thanks to you, I'm definitely checking JM's candles!!

    Yaay can't wait!

    ReplyDelete